Energy use, GHG emission and air pollutants emissions from fuels production (well-to-tank) shall by order of preference be:
- The value specified by the fuel supplier according to European Commission Directive 2009/30/EC and any amendments to this directive.
- Other value provided that:
- – The declaration is completed with this value, the corresponding source, and justification for its use;
- – The value selected includes all operational processes according to the definition of this paper
- – If bio fuel is used, the methodology is consistent with Directive 2009/30/EC and any amendments to this directive.
- There are corresponding default values in NTMCalc established on the basis of on NTM web page, see 15.2.1 below.
Note 1. For bio mass based fuels the various indirect well-to tank aspects such as”indirect land use change” (ILUC) is presently not included if this is incorporated in the renewable energy directive.
- Note 2. Traceability of specific fuels and its production is essential and will be part of further development of NTM fuel data.